- Lead the Apparel Quality team, assuring an effective and strong audit function.
- Manage all quality functions within the Apparel Department management standards and business processes.
- Coordinate with Supervisor to develop production plan and determine workflow requirements.
- Develop cost-effective production solutions while maintaining high quality and productivity.
- Ensure department achieves or exceeds projected production goals and standards.
- Track production process from beginning to delivery of goods.
- Communicate shipment ASN to receiving department and schedule deliveries.
- Reorder merchandise based on selling patterns and communicate with manufacturers.
- Maintain accurate daily production updates and inventory records.
- Attend meetings and assists in auditing and analyzing of documents.
- Perform inspections and reviews of incoming inventory to ensure that they are free of defects and produced according to internal specifications and external retail guidelines.
- Compile reports to identify the correct course of action for improvement in policies and practices.
- Assure compliance to Plant, Division, Corporate and regulatory quality assurance requirements in the areas of material inspection, in-process quality control, finished product evaluation, and other related retail quality matters as well as compliance to local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Improve Quality Assurance policies and procedures.
- Provide support of all internal and external audits.
- Manage the vendor nonconformance process to assure corrective action and contract compliance.
- Provide support and guidance on internal guidelines for the QA process and production to various manufacturers including Quality training.
- Maintain records of defective materials/products and ensures that defective products are re-tested or pulled from production.
- Manage sample inspection process according to design and sourcing specs.
- Deliver reports to other team members to address persistent quality issues in manufacturing and identify problem areas.
- Ensure that the Quality team is fully qualified and trained to meet the company requirements.
- Promote an awareness of customer requirements throughout the department.
- Accountable for external factory communication and liaison regarding Quality matters.
- Represent the Quality and Safety agenda in all Apparel Department projects.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes to contribute to error reduction and process enhancements
- Retain technical competence in the understanding of manufacturing processes and the compliance requirements of an apparel and swag manufacturer.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) tools and SAP, or a fully integrated manufacturing system.
- Understand and apply moderately complex mathematical concepts, to include managing department financial data and must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions as well as interpret a variety of technical material.
- Performs other duties as assigned that would lead to successful operation of department, team and/or mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in quality control in a manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years production/factory experience required.
- Proven knowledge of apparel and swag manufacturing.
- Have a track record of successful continuous improvement initiatives and results.
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency, able to quickly adapt to change and remain flexible
- Proficient in MS Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of SAP and JDA preferred.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, time management, leadership skills, and analytical skills.
- Ability to take and give the proper constructive criticism where it is due
- Adaptable and quick to learn new processes and tools.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Has a “whatever it takes” attitude
- A track record of performance meeting targets and objectives.
- Self-directed, goal-oriented and flexible, enjoying working in a fast-paced and at times challenging environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be available to travel if required.
About Bang Energy
Bang Energy Performance Beverages and Sports Nutrition has been producing epic innovations for 25 years. We engage in an unrelenting pursuit to create trendsetting appearance and performance enhancing inventions. Our sports nutrition and beverage innovations are backed by 27 double-blind placebo-controlled Gold Standard University studies. Likewise, our marketing and distribution has been discussed for its excellence by such prestigious news outlets as Forbes and Wells Fargo. We are hiring super creative, ultra-positive and high-energy professionals to drive our vision to serve the entire world cutting edge health promoting beverages and nutrition! We are top sellers in iconic retailers such as 7 Eleven, Publix, Walmart, and are the #1 selling beverage of all time in the world’s largest health food retailers: GNC and Vitamin Shoppe.
Full-time, M-F 9am – 6pm. Must be able to work flexible and/or extended shifts and weekends as business needs dictate.