About Bang Energy
Bang Energy Performance Beverages and Sports Nutrition has been producing epic innovations for over 25 years. Our sports nutrition and beverage innovations are backed by 27 double-blind placebo-controlled Gold Standard University studies, and our marketing and distribution has been featured by several media outlets, including Forbes and Wells Fargo. We are hiring highly creative, energetic professionals to join our high-performing organization and help us execute against our vision to bring our cutting-edge health promoting beverages and sports nutrition products worldwide.
The Technical Design Intern is responsible for assisting Senior Designer on the specs and fit of new Bang Energy apparel, from initial design concept to final fit approval. Will also assist in creating a body library of all Bang Energy designs. Candidate must be savvy on relevant trends to the Bang Energy brand and lifestyle. This role will help ensure fit consistency and brand standards for each classification. This position requires a strong level of technical design understanding.
Internship will be a 3-month term and candidate may be re-evaluated again at the end of term.
- Apparel Technical design
- Collaborate with designer, production and merchandising team to obtain clear direction and consensus on design aesthetic, fit intent and construction
- Be able to spec garments for tech pack
- Assists in creating tech packs for each approved design
- Creates flat sketches for design
- Analyzes designs and helps determine required resources and project deadlines
- Recolor, scale, and prepare artwork for production in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Organize all files and tech packs
- Assists in building and creating a library of design sketches relevant to the Bang Energy lifestyle.
- Assist with live fittings of garments on model
- Take notes for Design team
- Assist with drawing flat sketches in Illustrator
- Measure samples to ensure all points of measure reflect what was requested
- Assists in a range of admin duties
- Assists in evaluating prototypes and inspecting finished products to ensure that they are free from defects
- New graduates or currently studying towards a Bachelor’s, Associates Degree or Advanced Degree
- You demonstrate leadership skills, drive, and initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Teams, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience working in Smartsheets and Dropbox
- Knowledge and experience with patternmaking
- Proven writing skills
- Ability to multitask
- High degree of organizational skill and problem-solving ability; specifically, the ability to work as a self-starter
- Eager to learn about the many fields of retail business
- Able to work well independently and in team setting
- Articulate, mature, personable, and professional (i.e. you may have opportunities to attend meetings, MS Teams conferences, and presentations)
- Punctual, reliable, and honest
- Has a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- A track record of performance meeting targets and objectives.
- Self-directed, goal-oriented and flexible, enjoying working in a fast-paced and at times challenging environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and verbal).
Job Type: Internship