- Copy editing material for spelling, grammar, style, accuracy, and consistency according to product specifications and company style.
- Proofing in stages: 1st proof, 2nd proof and final layout. Provide full timeline for scoped project stages for both hand-off and re-reviews, with an effort to reach the target completion goal for book launch release.
- Communicating with the VP of Media, Creative Project Manager and Jack’s Assistant, to pass off editing reviews, manage timeline and arrange meetings with Jack when needed.
- Preparing material for production, includes formatting with Word styles and inserting callouts for book layout.
- Performing quality assessment and incorporating corrections as applicable while working with Bang® Graphic team member to layer in book images.
- Updating and maintaining the currency of the project files in the content management system.
- Providing critical review and feedback based on expertise. Able to deliver recommendations in a quick, clear and pragmatic way.
- Advanced Degree Required, PhD preferred.
- Relevant Experience: 8-12 years (Preferred)
- Proofreading: 8-12 years (Preferred)
- Previous Book Editing in the Health and Fitness Field is a must; including 3 references whom can quantify your collaboration process on at least 3 books that your name is in the editing section of the published book.
- Must be in expert in the field of nutrition, exercise physiology, and biochemistry.
- 8+ years of editorial experience/project management in a deadline-oriented publishing environment.
- Experience working with high-profile, Executive level individuals who have released books.
- Knowledge of publishing processes in general.
- Can offer up publishing-house recommendations for book printing.
- Familiarity with print and online educational content.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Competent computer literacy with Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated and committed team player who enjoys a fast-paced and results-oriented work environment.
- Ability to keep deadlines and manage an at-times demanding workload—missed deadlines are unacceptable.
- Adaptable and quick to learn new processes and tools.
- Has a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- A track record of performance meeting targets and objectives.
- Self-directed, goal-oriented and flexible, enjoying working in a fast-paced and at times challenging environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and verbal).
About Bang Energy
Bang Energy Performance Beverages and Sports Nutrition has been producing epic innovations for 25 years. We engage in an unrelenting pursuit to create trendsetting appearance and performance enhancing inventions. Our sports nutrition and beverage innovations are backed by 27 double-blind placebo controlled Gold Standard University studies. Likewise, our marketing and distribution has been discussed for its excellence by such prestigious news outlets as Forbes and Wells Fargo. We are hiring super creative, ultra-positive and high-energy professionals to drive our vision to serve the entire world cutting edge health promoting beverages and nutrition! We are top sellers in iconic retailers such as 7 Eleven, Publix, Walmart, and are the #1 selling beverage of all time in the world’s largest health food retailers: GNC and Vitamin Shoppe.
Bang® Energy is looking for a remote freelance editor with an expertise in exercise, nutrition, and supplementation. This position is responsible for copy-editing and finalizing content for the book publication of Jack Owoc, CEO, CSO, of Bang® Energy. The editor will review assigned material weekly by chapter, based on an agreed upon timeline, to provide feedback to Jack for his review. Must be able to participate in the production process in an efficient manner to meet established deadlines. An adherence to detail and quality is a must.
Job Type: Remote Freelance Editor