- Continuously improve forecasting techniques, measure and evaluate impact of forecast accuracy and document standard operating procedures.
- Organize detailed inventory plans that incorporate into fundamental decision making.
- Analyze and manage the organization’s forecast planning function.
- Understand business objectives for launch and forecast management and integrate information into statistical baselines and demand planning processes.
- Coordinate with cross-functional areas such as, Supply Chain, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Finance, and IT to determine forecast and optimize results.
- Establish and utilize best methods (statistical models and software tools) in creating forecasts and respective inventory targets, including safety stock levels as approved by management.
- Conduct current and future forecasting analysis, ensuring processes and methods are followed.
- Design and generate weekly and monthly statistical forecast reports based on historical sales, market trends, seasonality and promotions to support decision-making.
- Maintain items in Demand Management system to drive the latest approved forecast requirements.
- Conduct training and education sessions as needed to support the demand planning process, both within the demand planning team and across the organization as directed.
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices and the ability to advocate for and translate those into forecasting practices where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from a college or university;
- 5 years minimum related experience and training in the discipline, which may include education.
- Industry certification in Supply Chain preferred (ie: APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) or APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of Clarity, E3 Trim/AWR or comparable purchasing software as well as basic Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook skills.
- Strong ability and desire to work both independently and in group / project settings.
- Strong verbal/written communication and group presentation skills.
About Bang Energy
Bang Energy Performance Beverages and Sports Nutrition has been producing epic innovations for 25 years. We engage in an unrelenting pursuit to create trendsetting appearance and performance enhancing inventions. Our sports nutrition and beverage innovations are backed by 27 double-blind placebo-controlled Gold Standard University studies. Likewise, our marketing and distribution has been discussed for its excellence by such prestigious news outlets as Forbes and Wells Fargo. We are hiring super creative, ultra-positive and high-energy professionals to drive our vision to serve the entire world cutting edge health promoting beverages and nutrition! We are top sellers in iconic retailers such as 7 Eleven, Publix, Walmart, and are the #1 selling beverage of all time in the world’s largest health food retailers: GNC and Vitamin Shoppe.
The Demand Planner is responsible for forecasting activities associated with assigned customers, products and/or sales channels/categories. This is achieved by creating and maintaining forecast models for customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from Sales, Marketing, customers and syndicated consumer data. In addition, this position supports Branch Purchasing Managers specific to Foodservice Enterprise purchasing initiatives and the Category Management team as they advance their goals.