- Candidates must be qualified to perform in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be capable of handling multiple tasks while adhering to tight schedules.
- Well versed in the fields of packaging procurement, customer service, scheduling and on time deliverables.
- Responsibilities include material expediting, inventory accuracy, work in process status, purchase order tracking, purchase order receipts, and material status.
- Critical thinker and high-level negotiator Essential Job Functions
- Support new product launches and expansions to ensure a sustainable supply of necessary components and packaging are in-house prior production.
- Establish, maintain, and grow relationships with current suppliers and lead negotiation efforts in vetting out new sources. Manage vendor communications and consistently provide vendor performance feedback and resolve complex issues.
- Full comprehension of vetting suppliers and understanding of manufacturer’s process and terminology.
- Ensure 3 bid process is established when sourcing new vendor initiatives. Must have clarity in the exact specs from Graphics and R&D for vendors to support competitive bids.
- Reviews production schedules with Planning Managers weekly to determine packaging and component requirements, track material, and identify overdue materials.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Maintain SCM Standardized PO Order Tracker to ensure vendor compliance with on-time deliveries, closing out completed orders, and maintaining a log of required documents for A/P to process payment.
- Review and recommend viable solutions to reduce purchasing costs and improved processes.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance. Resolves problems fairly and ethically.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure end-to-end development of new packaging and artwork file management
- Utilize supply plans and inventory records to maintain the appropriate packaging levels to ensure mid-max and in stock levels are sustained.
- Compile status and performance reports and submit to management as requested.
- Address and resolve purchasing issues to minimalize delays in production and identify cost saving measures prior to print.
- Mentor and train Junior Buyers as required.
- Participate in production, graphics, warehouse status meeting on weekly and monthly basis.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, and a team player
- Must be well organized and able to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects on a global basis.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in related field within a manufacturing environment.
- Must be familiar with purchasing of cartons, pallets, labels, blister packaging, bottles, etc.
- Must also be able to analyze MRP (materials Requirement Planning) output and resolve inventory discrepancies.
- Effective communicator, both oral and written.
- Proven track record with meeting KPI’s, along with strong vendor negotiation skillsets.
- Must have excellent computer skills- Word, Outlook, Excel, ERP knowledge and Smartsheet.
About Bang Energy
Bang Energy Performance Beverages and Sports Nutrition has been producing epic innovations for 25 years. We engage in an unrelenting pursuit to create trendsetting appearance and performance enhancing inventions. Our sports nutrition and beverage innovations are backed by 27 double-blind placebo-controlled Gold Standard University studies. Likewise, our marketing and distribution has been discussed for its excellence by such prestigious news outlets as Forbes and Wells Fargo. We are hiring super creative, ultra-positive and high-energy professionals to drive our vision to serve the entire world cutting edge health promoting beverages and nutrition! We are top sellers in iconic retailers such as 7 Eleven, Publix, Walmart, and are the #1 selling beverage of all time in the world’s largest health food retailers: GNC and Vitamin Shoppe.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization