ABOUT BANG ENERGY
Bang Energy Performance Beverages and Sports Nutrition has been producing epic innovations for 25 years. We engage in an unrelenting pursuit to create trendsetting appearance and performance-enhancing inventions. Our sports nutrition and beverage innovations are backed by 27 double-blind placebo-controlled Gold Standard University studies. Likewise, our marketing and distribution have been discussed for its excellence by such prestigious news outlets as Forbes and Wells Fargo. We are hiring super creative, ultra-positive and high-energy professionals to drive our vision to serve the entire world cutting edge health-promoting beverages and nutrition! We are top sellers in iconic retailers such as 7 Eleven, Publix, Walmart, and are the #1 selling beverage of all time in the world’s largest health food retailers: GNC and Vitamin Shoppe.
This position supports the Customer Billing team and the Purchase Order team in the organization to investigate and process returns and to file claims with third parties for losses resulting from customer returns, freight damages, defective supplier product, and or services. The position works to ensure the department’s stated goals and quality standards are achieved through continuous improvement and efficiency gains opportunities. Strong communication and interaction skills are required as the this position works closely with customer billing, warehousing, purchasing, logistics, suppliers, quality control, third-party freight companies, and insurance carriers. The position is responsible for a multitude of tasks including, but not limited to the following: investigating and processing credits, debits and rebilling’s associated with over, short and damages, customer requested returns and supplier returns. The duties of this position will adjust to the needs of the business as it grows and provide appropriate back-up support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and issue customer Return Materials Authorizations (RMAs) using ERP system and based on company policy.
- Ensure company procedures are followed for returning materials and resolve disputes with customers and suppliers.
- Ensure RMA documents are fully processed end-to-end ensuring materials are properly received into inventory and customer credits are properly calculated to include restocking and other fees where required.
- Prepare claims and credit memos to suppliers for losses due to damaged supplied materials and or defective manufactured goods and or services.
- File and maintain accurate documents and records to track claims filed with freight carriers, suppliers, and third-party storage facilities ensuring timely filing and turn-around standards for claim reimbursements and resolution.
- Handle all customer and supplier contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Comply with all Company, Departmental, and applicable Quality System work instructions, procedures and policies.
- Communicates daily with management on progress of workload and escalated issues
- Monitor Claims Support Mailbox.
- Enter all contact information into appropriate database(s) in compliance with Company and Regulatory policies.
- Ensure that all potentially serious incidents are raised to the appropriate levels of Management.
- Pursues personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role and future opportunities.
- Resolve service complaints to the satisfaction of the customer within established company guidelines.
- Handle all complaints according regulations governing medical devices and HIPAA regulations.
- Participate in other projects as required.
- Participate in and contribute to Team Meetings.
- Provide support to other team members as needed.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and provide feedback for process improvement and knowledge database updates.
- Maintain an up to date, comprehensive knowledge of company services and products through participation in training, coaching and feedback sessions.
- May perform other duties as required
- A certificate in freight claims processing a plus
- A four-year degree in Supply Chain Management or a business-related program is required in absence of substantial work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of logistics experience in manufacturing or distribution
- Minimum of three (3) years of freight claims processing
- Working knowledge of commercial liability and freight insurance coverages.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Proven analytical ability.
- Skilled in the use of personal computers and office software including familiarity with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to resolve potentially stressful customer interactions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in the continuous handling of meticulous detail.
- Excellent data entry, proofreading, and typing skills.
- All job duties to be performed with minimum supervision.
- Strong team orientation.
- Ability to multi-task
- Continuous and versatile learner